This post may contain affiliate links which means I earn a commission for purchases made through links in this post at no extra cost to you. .
I’m not sure a drink that’s more perfect for summer than a mojito. The mint just screams ‘cool refreshing shade’ from the blistering sun. And I won’t lie when I say that I have more than my fair shair of these babies during the summer! We basically live on our back patio while the kids absorb way more Vitamin D than necessary, and I watch (and sometimes get my D as well) while kicking back with my matcha mojito healthy cocktail.
My love with matcha is a fairly recent thing, though. I think I’ve always been a bit intimidated by it because matcha tea is made a bit differently than regular tea. But the awesome part is that it has like a billion x more beneficial in terms of antioxidants (don’t quote that exact number, lol!) and many feel the flavor is less bitter than green tea.
So if you’re ready to combine some uber health benefits with an also healthy cocktail, give this one a go!
Matcha Mojito Healthy Cocktail
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup powdered stevia OR 1 tsp liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp matcha tea
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 oz white rum
- plain sparkling water
- Create the matcha simple syrup:
- 1. combine water, stevia, and matcha. Whisk until smooth, set aside.
- 2. Take 5-6 mint leaves and tear apart, place in the bottom of a large glass or small pitcher. Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of the glass.
- 3. Pour vodka, rum, and matcha simple syrup and stir.
- 4. In 2 serving glasses, pour half the mixture into each glass, add ice cubes, then top off with sparkling water.
- 5. Garnish with leftover mint leaves if desired.
Please SHARE this post and PIN IT for later!